200SX Ignition Switch Problem

The ignition switch on my 1986 200SX turbo is acting up. Once in a while when I take the key out of the switch, the voice warning will sound about the key being in the ignition when it wasn't in the ignition. You could merely touch the switch with your hand and it would then turn off. That went on for about a year. The car operated correctly and started every time. Now, the digital dash and lights and horn and speedometer and windshield wipers all go off and the dash is blank unless I jiggle the switch a lot and then everything comes back on. This is happening regularly now. It seems to have no impact on starting the car. I assume there might be a short or something in the swtich. Has anyone experienced this or would know how much trouble it might be to fix?

Reply to
Peter