60,000 mile maintenance

My '01 Sentra has hit 60,000 miles and I am bringing it in for scheduled maintenance. The dealer rattled off the long list of things they will do, and said it usually runs about $600.

Should I trust them to do the appropriate maintenance items, or should I just give them the things listed in the owner's manual for 60,000 and tell them to do just those? I assume the owner's manual has fewer items?

Does $600 sound reasonable? I know it is a major service point, but that is a lot of money.

Reply to
bthiede

if you go to a dealer for ANYTHING you can rest assured you will be FUCKED !!!!!!!!!!! if it's under warranty , you don't have any choice but don't expect much will be done !

Reply to
D.

Compared to what the car cost it isn't..

Reply to
Steve T

$600 sounds just a tad high, but I would encourage you to do it. You will likely only do about 1/2 the things that need done if you attempt it yourself.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Just do what it says in the owner's manual (which isn't much). It certainly should not cost $600. There is no magic here, just fluid changes and checks of various thing to see if they are falling off yet. 60,000 miles is not the major overhaul point that it might have been in the past.

Reply to
E Meyer