85 720 head gasket replacement

Hi all, got my head back, feeling good and got it all put back together tonight. poured in the antifreeze and was getting ready to fire it up when I noticed some antifreeze under the truck. I am not sure what is going on, but it is leaking at the base of the head on the front left corner looking at it from the front! I WAS feeling good, but now I guess I will take it all apart again and see what is going on. Has anyone else had this happen or any ideas befor I tear it down? Jerry

Reply to
Jlfcopter

Just a FYI, you never refer to a part as "left looking at the front", that's the right side of the engine.

Are you sure it's not a hose or something? That seems very wierd water leaking there... I guess you could have pinched/damaged the gasket setting the head in place?

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks for the tip Steve :-) The leak was from the intake manifold. I had not cleaned the manifold good enough of the old gasket material. A better light showed me that right away! All back together and she started right up. Thanks for all the information and advice. It is a good feeling to tackle these jobs and get them done!

Jerry

Reply to
Jlfcopter

Now that I can believe. :-) The other sounded very wierd...

Reply to
Steve T