91 nissan sentra 1.6 liter 4spd problem with stumbling/etc

the symptoms: when car is cold (not up to operating temp) it performs as it has the last 6 years - perfectly. when the engine is warm, pressing the accelerator about a third down (where you normally would want to accelerate when starting out in first) there is stumbling and hesitation that is like there is lack of fuel. if you back off slightly then reapply the accelerator, all is good and the acceleration is normal.there is no check engine light, and there are no vacuum leaks that i have discovered- i checked all the vacuum hoses, etc. Fuel pressure is fine as well. I have not looked at the computer readout (where you turn the screw all the way in to display codes on the computer under the dash) - but i was hoping to hear from the pros! Thanks. - robbie ps - i want to say its a throttle position sensor, but that is supposed to trigger the CEL according to the manual. Thanks!

Reply to
Robbie Wilson

on 10/17/2009 11:22 PM (ET) Robbie Wilson wrote the following:

You might check for a clogged catalytic converter. I had a similar problem with my 87 Pulsar and that was my problem.

Reply to
willshak

Welcome back NissTech...you have been sorely missed

Reply to
Louis

I've been here all along.

Just have not been replying too much,the group has been kinda dead.

Reply to
NissTech