91 pickup stalls at redlights

91 Nissan truck with 165K miles is stalling/idling rough when I clutch down to stop for redlights, etc. when the vehicle has warmed up. In the mornings when it is cool, it performs nicely on the way to work. When coming home (approx 10 miles) and it gets warm it starts to sputter when I clutch down. It typically does not go dead, but almost (the lights flicker on). As long as I am giving it gas everything is ok. I have changed the fuel filther, plugs, plug wires and distributer cap. The wires to a sensor that sits just under the air filter were broken and I reattached them . What's next? Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

-Tim

Reply to
papakee

I'd try cleaning the throttle plate and at least the part of the throttle body where the plate seats when the throttle is closed with some throttle body cleaner. It may be carboned up and not allowing enough air through when it's warmed up. Also look at cleaning the hole (for lack of a better word) where the idle air control valve is mounted, and the pintle on the valve itself.

Reply to
JM

I would also be suspicious of the engine temperature sensor. If the car is told it is still cold when it is already warm, the fuel mix may be too rich.

Good luck

JM wrote:

Reply to
AS