92 D21 pickup problem.

I recently just fixed my timing guides and now I am having problems with the engine(KA24E).

When the timing died it sat for about 7 months before i started working on it.

repairing the timing guides was fairly strait foward, just line up the silver links with the dots on the sprockets, bolt on guides, did that. Front cover, etc. went on smoothly.

when I start it, it starts and runs ok but doesnt sound right, sputtering type sound, but when i give it gas it revs up fine.

when I let off the clutchand try to go it tries to die on me.

so heres what i've done so far.

replaced cap, rotor, fuel filter, drained old gas put new 93 octane in, new ngk plugs, checked resistance on plug wires there good, battery is

12.5v off and 14.3v when running. air filters clean.

Thought it was low pressure from the fuel pump but to my suprise when i tested it it was 42psi with vacuum and 49-50psi without(supposed to be

33 and 43).

Ive also blown into the return fuel line and i can blow air through it but not very fast which I attribute to trying to push air through a small opening over a long distance.

Im thinking its the pressure regulator but dont want to spend $100 on one if its not the case, as I am relying on a haynes manual which does not go into detail too much about this type of problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Minnyman