92 Nissan 240 SX - Repair/service manual

Can anyone recommend a good manual for a 92 240SX? Also wondering how hard it will be to replace stock brake calipers with larger ones from a 350ZX. Does it require special hardware or modifications or is a bolt on change? Also what model 350 should I get them from? Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
bh

Manuals come in three types: a) Owner's - comes with new vehicle or from previous owner if he didnt lose it! b) Service (shop) manuals from manufacturer, in this case Nissan. SOmetimes similar info is produced by a third-party licensed by manufacurer or not licenesed at all - someone just makes up a CD. book, etc. designed to replicate manufactyuer's book. c) Repair manuals from well known publisher's like Haynes, CHilton, these sometimes lag in time, i.e. there's nothing for my new 2004 Sentra and all they offer is pre-2000 Sentra's from Haynes

My solution was: a) I have Owner's manual came with a new car, obiosuly; but also: b) MULTIPLE service/shop manuals from Ebay, multiple because no one was complete and a few were lying (generic "car repair" disk, nothign specific on sentras) but they were so cheap I dont complain ($12-20). So do this:

  1. Search Ebay. Sometimes supercheap ( or less) CD's are a hoax good for any generic car but not your specific model and not deep, just basic crap extracted from websites, books, etc. However my manuals from Ebay were 100% OK.
  2. Search Haynes
  3. Search Chilton
  4. Check manufacturer's website, perhaps call. In my case Nissan explicitly SPELLED OUT HOW TO GET Service (shop) manual in the back of User's manual (guide), i went there and found cost 0's, so not acceptable for a single person like me (OK only for a large shop or someone rich), so got from Ebay instead (not Nissan's official, but similar).
  5. Check helminc.com
  6. Search Web via Google, this is the last resort however this is how I did find all about Chilton's, Haynes and helminc.com when I was a car moron seeveral years ago, helminc still in business and I got owner's manuals from them, buit no shop - shop was overpriced agagin.
Reply to
Marco Licetti

Also I forgot to mention:

about Nissan's manuals, parts, etc

Reply to
Marco Licetti

Download one from here:

on the appropriate model year once the page loads

ones from a 350ZX.

Not sure if you can use the larger brake calipers from the newer 2003+

350Z as there may be a fitment issue. I haven't heard of anyone being able to successfully swap over the 350Z calipers to a 240SX. You CAN however use the brake calipers from an older model 300ZX - the 1990's model year & above. Swapping over the 1990+ 300ZX calipers over to a 240SX has been successfully done by many.

Check the attached link for DETAILED information on what is needed & how to do the swap.

Hope this helps....

ID

95 240SX SE with 1990 300ZX 26mm front brake calipers installed

PS: For additional information on your 240sx, you can go to any of the following sites:

All are excellent sites to get detailed information from.

Reply to
Idlafie