93 altima vent selector problem

Good morning,

Today on my way to work I changed from Vent to Window Defrost. Usually you can hear the little hum of the electric motor changing the position of the vents to accomodate.

Well I ended up listening to this hum all the way to work. It wouldn't shut off. I verified that the vent position did change to the correct position, IE air was only blowing out of the window defrost vents, and I could change it back and forth. What tells this motor to shut off?

Not looking forward to dismantling the dash to find out, please advise if this is a common issue (it appears not, I googled and checked this forum), or if anyone has any ideas for a quick fix.

Thanks! t

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com