93 d21 pickup - ecu/fuel system problem

It seems to me ecu randomly stops supplying ground to the Fuel pump relay. If engine is running fuel pump will continue to work correctly until engine is turned off, but then will not start. After it sits for a day or two, it starts & runs fine. Check Engine light does not come on when running. Will the ECU have stored diagnosis code even tho no check engine light shows. If so, how do I read code(s). I know it's under passenger seat but I haven't been able to locate LEDs on it. Do I need to remove it or remove cover?

Jim

Reply to
jim L