93 Maxima speedometer not working

The needle at first would flicker then it finally peg at max speed. Then while driving it would work backwards up to 85 mph. I replaced the speed sensor and it worked for about ten minutes then jumped to 85 mph then to the max position. Currently when I reach 40 mph the needle will jump to 105 mph and move up (down) from there. Any help?

Reply to
snktaylor

Common problem for Nissan. Its the speedo, not the sensor. You could have tested the sensor and saved some bucks. One of the IC's in the speedo circuitry goed bad. You find the details searching this newsgroup in the old posts.

-Pete

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
speedy