'93 Nissan Sentra Lock Problem

Both Locks on my Sentra went out at the same time. The Key turns but the lock doesn't unlock. even from the inside you can't unlock the door. Do you have any ideas. The locks are non-power locks.

Reply to
ffx77905

By both locks do you mean both doors, or the inside and outside of the same door? If the same door, then either something fell off the lock inside the door, or the latch is stuck partly pulled. Check that the lock button is all the way down/in, then try pulling the inside and outside door handles and sharply releasing them. You might get lucky. Otherwise, you will have to somehow get the inside panel off, find whatever fell off, and put it back.

If you meant both doors and you don't have power locks, then I suspect you have a vandal - somebody forced a key in each door until they broke the locks.

Reply to
E Meyer

I mean both doors on both sides. The doors had been acting up for about two months. They were hard to lock i either had to hit the lock or use the key. The only way i can get into the car now is through the back door and it doesn't have key holes. I can't get the door panels off either because the doors are closed. Do you have any ideas on getting the door open because at the time that is our biggest problem. The only ideas i have is drilling out the screws that hold the latch but the angel i'd have to drill at would be a problem. Thanks.

Reply to
ffx77905

AAA got my door open just enough to hit the power door lock button on mine (see post above)

Reply to
Alan

So the inside button is/was physically difficult to move? Can you move the inside lock switches at all?

I'm just guessing what is going on here, but that never seems to stop me...

This is sounding like the lock itself is binding, you could try blasting it with WD-40 or aerosol graphite. Rig a long enough tube to the can, roll down the window and put it in through the crack at the door frame. Try working the inside lock switch & spray until it starts moving. If things are bent in there, you might have to remove the inside door handle to get to the lock rod and see if you can move it with a pliers. If you succeed in getting one of them open, don't close it again until you take off the inner panel.

Reply to
E Meyer