93 PF - Room/Dome Light Problem

I have a 1993 Pathfinder XE. Ever since I bought the car, the dome light will only shut off when I manually turn it off. If I leave the dome light switch in the middle, so that it turns on and off with a door opened or closed, it stays on regardless if any of the doors are open.

I have checked all the fuses and all appear to fine. I have depressed all four door switches individually by hand and none of them turn the light off but the light did flicker with each individual depression.

I'm obviously missing something here and I was hoping someone out there had some ideas. My only thought is that one of the door jamb switches has gone bad and is allowing the light to stay on.

Reply to
arcarls

BINGO!

Reply to
Shawn

I agree- bad switch in the jam. FYI- my 92 Pathy had the opposite of not coming on sometime in 1996. Nissan had to replace the light unit.

"Shawn" wrote in news:kCykd.392778$D%.390467 @attbi_s51:

Reply to
MM

Check your tailgate lock at the base of the gate, a black plastic slider sometimes wears out,( slide-push it in, to simulate the door being in locked position, as a test)this slider is the "door switch" for the tailgate.

Reply to
YavapaiCountyAl