94 NISSAN PICKUP BLOWER PROBLEM

Does anyone know where the blower resistor module is located? My blower completely failed the other day but before it did it had been causing a burning smell when used at the high setting. With great frustration, I removed the fan speed switch and observed that it had been subjected to excess heat since some of the solder connections had melted and the plastic had cracked for the same reason. I cleaned up the charred fan switch and resoldered the heat damaged connections which "fixed" the fan. However, I'm afraid either the blower motor itself or the resistor module is the real problem and if I start using the fan again the fan switch will be permanently destroyed by excess current being drawn once again. I assume that the blower motor is located back behind and under the glove box inside the cab if someone could verify that and, as I asked earlier, tell me where the resistor module is located also. Apparently, the excess current drain is still not enough to blow the fuse. Thanks is advance

George

Reply to
GHB

The resistor is mounted on the fan blower housing, it uses the air blower to get cooled.

I doubt the problem is the resistor (normally they fail by opening the circuit), and only if the current flowing into the motor is higher than normal, i would check the blower motor itself.

Please keep in mind that poor contact in the switch itself could be the cause for the overheating and damage.

Good luck

GHB wrote:

Reply to
AS