94 sentra 1.6 THERMOSTAT

My temp gauge rarely gets about LOW - and heater is not HOT - so guessing Thermostat is bad. BUT WHERE IS IT?

I followed the top radiator hose and removed the house and what i though was the thermostat housing - but nope (this is on the front side of the engine) there was not therm in there (but wouldn't surprise me - the way the car was when I got it)

Went to NAPA they gave me therm and it didnt fit

Am I in the wrong spot?

Reply to
Swicked

I have always found the thermostat at the top of the bottom hose.

Reply to
E Meyer

Hi if it has the GA16DS engine then it is the same lump as my 1.6 Primera and the thermostat is at the back of the engine on the left hand side as you look at it, and if it's right hand drive it's a pig to get at but a LHD it might not be too bad. Hope that helps. Trevor

Reply to
Trevor Smith