95 Nissan Quest won't start

I drove my Quest a few places the other day and it rode fine. Stopped at a friend's house for about 15 minutes. Went to leave and it wouldn't turn over. Interior and exterior lights, radio all work. Towed it home. Pulled the battery and starter. Parts store tested each and both are ok. Checked fuses and they appear fine. Read some troubleshooting sites on the net. Seemed a lot of suggestions to fix it mentioned the ignition switch. Bought one and switched it out. Still doesn't turn over. Tried jumping the starter with a screwdriver but didn't turn over. It spins but doesn't engage. Before you say it's the starter remember i had it tested and other sites threads said they did and it wasn't the starter in the end. Theirs also spun from trying to jump it but the starters were good. The solenoid is attached to the starter and was tested also. Anyone ever had this problem or have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated as it's my only means or transportation. Thanks

Reply to
J M

edokamoto

Reply to
JimV

The clutch switch may be bad or need adjusting if you have a standard transmission.

Reply to
GHB

Does the starter run at all when you turn the key? If not, it's probably not the starter or the flywheel. I would suspect the start relay or alarm interlock. In fact if the starter doesn't run at all, I'd try to disconnect the battery for a couple minutes. Then reconnect it and lock/unlock the doors with the remote. Then try starting it. No the starter does not run or spin at all from turning the key. Just like a dead battery. There is an alarm but i never used it in the year i have had the vehicle. Not even sure it works. Where would the start relay be and how do i test it?

Reply to
J J

The clutch switch may be bad or need adjusting if you have a standard transmission. It's an automatic transmission.

Reply to
J J

Any chance the timing belt broke and there's just no compression? Hopefully that's not it, but just thought I'd toss it out there...

Reply to
JM