95 P-up Timing 4cyl 5-spd

Ok i have clattering noise in 5th gear.. When im goinp up hill or trying to pass another car.. Happens between 50--65.. Goes away pretty much after 66.. motor 119,000+

Replaced plugs-wires-dist cap-rotor.. Tried injector cleaner.. Super Unleaded helps but you still here some clatter..

I have been told its possibly the timing.. My chilton manual says the computer adjust the timing.. and loosing the bolt on the distributor and adjusting timing wont help? Computer will re-adjust.. according to manual..

Could it be the antiknock valve thats in the motor-block. Mine has one and it supposedly tells computer when motor is knocking--pinging...

Motor seems to run fine.. i get 20city 25hwy.. The nissan manual says clattering around 55-60 is normal? and that truck is getting maxiam gas mileage??

thanks for any help.. j

Reply to
WWE 4 Life