96 Nissan Quest Motor Mounts - Replacement

HI folks - new poster here. Looking for your kind help and indulgence...96 Nissan Quest with the typical thump on acceleration. I live in VA and wife took it in for yearly safety inspection today - failed due to a busted motor mount.

I am pretty sure I can do this in the driveway. Although I never professionally turned a wrench, I grew up in a garage. Father fianlly sold out and retired a few years back and I do miss having a rack to put cars on, but oh well...

I would prefer to have some advise up front, exspecially a diagram or other to know what is involved. I looked under the front end and see plenty of splashguards and such...and as I drive Chevy P/U myself, unsure if this is a straightline mount with just front and rear mounts, or are there more??? Even though the mechanic failed it, he never told the wife which mount was broken.

Regardless, any assitance would be fantastic...including an estimate for just taking the damn thing back to the garage and letting them do it....But I can get the mount for $15 bucks and save the hour labor, right?

Reply to
kellyron500