96 Pathfinder Recirc. Button

The recirculate button for the HVAC isn't working, leaving me to inhale exhaust from poorly maintained cars in front of me. I'm at a loss to figure if this is a mechanical problem or electrical. Any advice out there?

Reply to
Mr Muckle

You car can have selfdiagnostic system

Turn on ignition, after 2 sec press OFF for 5 sec. System goes to mode1 - indications check

mode2 - sensors check - press increase temp red button

20 OK 21 Ambient sensor 22 In vehicle sensor 23 Termal transmitter 24 Intake sensor 25 Sunload sensor (to check sensor should be lighted by sun or 60W light bulb) 26 PBR

mode3 - vent doors check - press increase temp red button

30 OK 31 Vent 32 B/L 33 Foot 34 Foot/def 35 Def 36 Fre 38 20% fre 39 Rec

mode4 - vent motors check - press increase temp red button

mode5 - check indor and outdoor temp sensors - press increase temp red button then press windshield defroster button

mode6 - set temp compensation(+-3 deg) - from mode 5 press increase vent speed button, then set compensation by temp buttons

Reply to
vkurish