96 Sentra... Would this hose cause overheating?

I have been struggling with an overheating problem with my 96 Sentra with 1.6 liter engine. It has 120 k miles and has been a reliable and well running automobile, until this problem.

I have been doing quite a few things to isolate the problem including having radiator checked out at a shop, changing the thermostat, checking the operation of the electric fans (they both work), and changing out the water pump. Today I checked out the lower hose from the radiator and after removing it I noticed that it was not reinforced. I bought this car used so some things were installed by the previous owner. I know that because the lower hose is the suction side of the water pump, it should be reinforced. Could this be the source of my problem?

I noticed that the pipe feeding the water pump (to which the lower radiator hose was attached) had rusty colored water in it (as did the exit part of the lower radiator hose). Would this indicate a reduced flow of radiator fluid? I would appreciate thoughts on this matter.

Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo