97 Nissan Pick-up (Son's) egr valve possible bad.

Auto parts store said code reads EGR problems. What type wrench fits this valve. Seems very hard to get to. Do I need to remove other things to remove valve. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
wecwec2

I didn't see a better response, so I will give you a bad one: Why are you uncertain what wrench you need? Is it hex? Is it Allen head? Either way, it will be metric. You are on the right track to take it off and look at it. It may benefit from cleaning, and you can check it pretty well by putting vacuum to it and seeing that it moves and does not leak vacuum.

-Mike

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike