97 Nissan PU Backup light fuse location?

I was working on the backup lamps with the lamps lit and blew something, so now they don't work. I was looking for a fuse, breaker, or fusible link for the Backup lamp circuit, but can't find one. Anyone know where it is?

Reply to
willshak

on 5/27/2007 2:24 PM willshak said the following:

It's more serious than just the backup lights. I don't know if it is related to the backup light failure, but my dash gauges have gone awry. Speedometer needle is docked at 0, no matter what speed, odometer does not increase, and trip odometer says 000. Tach needle is docked at 8 (grand), no matter the actual rpm. Water temp gauge needle stays at cold. As far as I have found out so far, these are the only things that don't seem to be working at this time

Checking with my OBDII reader, I get 8 error codes, consisting of 2 malfunctions and 6 pending. (Add - 'Check Engine' indicator icon to the things not working on the dash!)

01/08 - P0500 - Generic VSS A - Malfunction. 02/08 - P0443 - Generic Evap Control System Purge Valve C - Fault Pd 03/08 - P0500 - (same text as 01/08 above) Pd 04/08 - P1441 - Nissan VC/V Bypass/V Pd 05/08 - P0443 - (same text as 02/08 above) Pd 06/08 - P0446 - Generic Evap Control System Vent Circuit - Malfunction Pd 07/08 - P1130 - Swirl Control Valve Control Solenoid Valve Pd 08/08 - P1105 - MAP/BARO Switch Sol/V

I was at a Memorial Day party yesterday and checked with a mechanic friend there and he said it may all be related to the alternator. Googling for the problem this morning, I read that there is a voltage regulator on the back of the instrument panel that may be a cause.

Reply to
willshak

Got it fixed. Thanks for all the help.

Reply to