'99 Maxima GLE - electric door problem? NissTech or anybody?

This was first noticed today. I'm wondering if it's a known problem with the '99 Maxima. Mine is just approaching 60K miles.

When starting from a complete stop just as you start moving, there's a clicking noise that seems to be coming from the driver's door though it could be the back door...my hearing isn't all that good. It sounds to me like the noise you hear from the door locks but not as loud.

It doesn't appear to be there if the driver's door is held open when you start and doesn't seem to be there if you back up from a stop.

It doesn't do anything to the locks that I can tell.

In addition if the doors are already locked and you press the switch to try to lock the doors again there's hardly any noise but is a very slight click, again in the same area when you release the button used to lock the doors. It seems to me that in the past if you tried locking the doors and they were already locked, you'd hear all the doors make an attempt to lock but not nearly as loud as when they are unlocked and you lock them.

By chance is this a known failure and does anybody have experience trying to fix it???? I'd rather head off a problem that may give difficulties with the door locks before it becomes more serious.

IF you really want to respond, I'll monitor the "no spam" account that I use to send this for several days and/or post to the list. THANKS!

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

Have you checked the TSB's for that year Maxima?

Reply to
Dave Stone

Not recently Dave. Thanks for the suggestion.

However the noise disappered as suddenly as it started... ???? Maybe a part in the door panel that with my lousy hearing sounded like it was more pervasive than that... Maybe whatever it was shifted somehow and is no longer making the noise. Sake bottle left behind early Monday morning after a long weekend?

I'll be listen> D> > This was first noticed today. I'm wondering if it's a known problem

-- Address is NOT monitored due to SPAM volume from newsgroups. DO NOT REPLY to post directly.

Reply to
Don't Reply to this address

Maybe a CV joint but the noise wouldn't go away when you opened the door.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow