A new car purchase

Falling asleep through Grant's post...

Six-speed

Enough said

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

I'm looking forward to purchasing a new car. I've narrowed my options to buying one of the following:

- Honda Accord Coupe or Sedan

- Nissan Altima

I'd like hear which one you guys would suggest.

Thank you.

Reply to
Grant

Why?

Reply to
Grant

I would test drive both and get a total 'drive home' price and finance cost, THEN DECIDE, not take the world on anyone in a NG, if it were me.

mike hunt

Grant wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

NO brainier. Don't by French..............

Reply to
George G

Well Nissan is putting a lot of effort into their design/engineering just now so they're on a better track than they were - longevity is still to be proven yet though. It would help if you gave an idea which engine/trans combo you'd be looking at. To me, style-wise, the Altima looks better apart from that bulky, quirky looking rear bumper thingy. People have criticised the finish/quality of the interior plastic on the Altima but the quest for lightness/mpg and the lack of need of a padded dash material due to airbags, has resulted in widespread adoption of new harder, thinner plastics by most of the major mfrs.

Have you test driven both? Also take a close look at fit and finish, inside and outside, in the showroom. Then start talking $$ and see what's the better deal.

Rgds, George Macdonald

George Macdonald

I have to add my 2 cents. Honda all the way man. My 92 Honda Accord has 220,000km on it. Never quits, no major repairs last 12 years, just regular maintance stuffs by myself, since it is so easy to work on it. It looks, feels and drive just like the day I drove it home from the Honda dealer. All you need is a $20.00 or so service manual. I don't have the other two cars you mention, so no comment form me.

kai

Reply to
kai

do not buy a car with manul trnmisssion,very hard to resell and resell vaule is lower,also hard to use cell phone.

Reply to
JJ Kiy

Falling asleep through JJ Kiy's post...

Who cares, you don't buy a car based on it's resale value.

And if your one of those idiots who uses a cell phone while driving, make sure that when you go to hell, you get the cell phone companies to expand my range

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

How about neither of those. Have you considered the Mazda 6? The Mazda 6 looks better than either the Accord or Altima and handles better too. Its way more fun to drive and really isn't that much smaller inside. The interior isn't as nice as the Accord but its much nicer than the Altima. Check it out, you might just like it better.

Reply to
Mikeman075

But that's also true for shaving, applying makeup, eating lunch, etc.

Reply to
Liam Devlin

Reply to
Pankoski

Thanks for your comments. I am thinking of getting the automatic transmission.

Reply to
Grant

Yes, I'm considering all options right now.

So, you're saying the 2003 Honda Accord has the best interior, followed by Mazda 6, and then 2003 Nissan Altima. But the Mazda 6 has the best exterior, followed by Honda and Altima.

I'd like to hear what others think and if they agree.

Reply to
Grant

"Pankoski" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Amen, brother.

Alex Devlin

Reply to
Alex Devlin

Falling asleep through Grant's post...

In the city, then I would get an auto, with the V6. Either the Accord or the Altima.

Course, I like the Accord better, but that's what I wold test drive

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

Used? Why?

Reply to
Grant

The guy looking at new cars so he must be able to afford a new car. The only people that buy used cars are those that can't offered to buy a new car. Why buy something that somebody else no longer wanted and one that you can never know for sure what type of use or abuse it was subjected to or what service it did or did not receive? LOL

mike hunt

Alex Devl>

Reply to
BenDover

Reply to
lcopps

Money is so cheap now it pays to finance your car, even if you can write a check for the entire thing. I bought an Accord EX sedan w/auto last month and financed it through Honda at 3.64%. I can definitely do better than 3.64% with my money.

Also, if you take a look at Honda's resale values, they hold up much better than Detroit iron. A 2 year old Accord isn't that much cheaper than a new one. A 2 year old Taurus is probably about half price (just guessing).

As always, YMMV.

Reply to
Liam Devlin