A question on gears!

Hi,

I recently purchased a Nissan Sunny in Singapore. It is a 1.6L Auto transmission model. I am new to driving automatic cars and have a fairly basic question. While waiting at traffic lights is it advisable to keep the car in 'drive' mode or should I change to 'neutral' gear ?

Thanks in advance for help.

Jeevan.

Reply to
Jeevan Dalvi

Hi Jeevan,

Just leave it in 'D'. With a normal idle and normal lengths of time sitting still (say, up to 10 minutes), no harm. If the engine is idling way too fast or if a very long time sitting still, maybe it could overheat the transmission fluid.

-'Pete'

Reply to
Pete