ABS Warning Light

The ABS warning light on my '01 Sentra has been acting funny recently.

It will come on pretty much every morning (for the last couple weeks) when I first start up the car. If I then turn off the car (just after starting it) and start it up again, the light is off every time. It also does not come on in the afternoon when I drive home from work. This pattern happened a while back, then disappeared for a while, but has now returned. Any thoughts on what the problem might be? The brakes seem to be working fine, although I haven't been in a situation where the ABS would have been tested.

Reply to
brianthiede

Only way to find out is to read the codes (or have them read). It's likely a wheel sensor failing. When the light is on, ABS is disabled.

Reply to
JimV

Before you take it to the dealer, check your brake fluid.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

I checked the brake fluid level and it is full. Any other suggestions?

Reply to
brianthiede

Low fluid would turn on the "brake" and "abs" lights. You need to read the codes to find out what the problem is.

Reply to
JimV