Aftermarket OEM style headlights - opinions ?

The lights in my '93 Quest have yellowed to the point of being dangerous. I've noticed a lot of lights available aftermarket for a small fraction of the price of dealer lights. Are they any good ? I don't necessarily need OEM quality in a 10 year old vehicle that I'll only have for a couple more years at most - but I don't want something that doesn't even fit in or is total junk.

Opinions? Anyone used them ?

Reply to
Retro Bob

My wife hit a deer in her 2000 Maxima 2 years ago. The body shop did a good job with the repairs, but they put an aftermarket headlight on the one side. They said my insurance co. would not go for an OEM headlight. Within a year, the lens turned yellow. She brought it back to the body shop and they put an OEM headlight in it. This time the Ins.Co. paid for it rather than having to pay for a new non-OEM one every year.

Reply to
willshak

Bob, Regarding your yellowing headlights, the attached link gives a pretty good explanation as to the cause:....applies to ALL cars with plastic headlights.....

you care to fix the problem yourself & not spend the money on aftermarket lights, then you can do the following:
hope this helps...ID

Retro Bob wrote:

Reply to
Idlafie