Air Con (Leak) ?

Using Air Conditioning for an hour to day and then parking in the drive, I found evidence of an oil (water )leak. A reasonable new Almeria . Using Air conditioning does this cause a leakage , or should I look for other causes. Outside temp 27 degrees Peter,

Reply to
Peter C

"Peter C" quipped:

why in the world would you be using a/c when it's only 27 outside? Unless of course, you mean Celsius.

Anyway, that's probably just condensation coming out your drain tube. Perfectly normal.

Reply to
amstaffs

yes, when u turn the AC on, water drips down. open the hood, turn the AC on wait 10 mins and look for a moist line, and trace where the moist go to and that porlly the leak, beaside clear leak, if its engine oil then its littl brown and oily, if its coolant, it has its own color, so if its clear, and feels water, it prolly is.

Reply to
AirborneDSM

"AirborneDSM" quipped:

WTF? I hope English isn't your first language.

Reply to
amstaffs

Maybe typing wasn't his major.

Reply to
willshak

Well, at least airborne tried to help.

By the vehicle model, you can tell it is a metric country so yes, it is

27 Celsius.

It is normal for the A/C to cause condensation of the moisture in the air and turn it into water that is accumulated and drained to the ground.

If there are oil traces in the water (seen as color change or pearlish surface on the water) it could just mean that the water is running over an oily surface in its way from the drain to the ground.

Given that your state that your car is rather new, I would probably think that all is normal.

Good luck.

Peter C wrote:

Reply to
AS

haha true, by reading it now, i cant even understand it. oh well!!.

Reply to
AirborneDSM

just like u r not a mechanic, i cant type and have poor grammars! oh well i least i tried to help u. so f*ck u!!

Reply to
AirborneDSM

Reply to
Peter C

Better yet, wait an hour or two, it it's water, it evaporates.

BTW, every brand of car does this.

wait 10 mins and look for a moist line, and trace

engine oil then its littl brown and oily, if its

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet