air pressure sensor

Is there a way to disable to warning on the dash panel for the air pressure sensors. I want to put custom wells on my quest and the only way is to move the sensors but I also have to use snow tires so do not wanna move these twice a year plus that is kind of the purpose is to get away from having to swap out rims winter. I know I can buy 4 sensors and have those fitted to the new rims but they are rather spendy at $110.00 per sensor. Does anyone know a way of turning this off?

Thanks, David

Reply to
dmrreed

You can always take the bulb out of the cluster.

Reply to
JimV

Why worry? We have steel rims with snow tires on 2 Nissan Altimas' all that happens is the small light on the dash illuminates. (Do not know what the TPMS for the Quest is like). The small tire light being on all the time does not bother us and it is just like a reminder that you have snows on the tires. If you are able to find less expensive sensors for your snows tire rims you will have to have the dealer or a tire store program them to the car and when you change back he will have to reprogram the summer tires. This way with no sensors in the snow tire rims, when you put the summer tire rims back on, after about 10 kms of driving the sensors will reset the TPMS computer and the light will go out. The receiver for the TPMS is below the dash around the steering column, I do not know whether you will cause any problems with the computer if you pull it. If pull the receiver let us know if it works.