Alternator replaced, problems still exist?

I recently had my car breakdown with the battery light/brake light + service engine lights on. I got the alternator replaced two weeks ago but all three lights suddenly came back on while driving. The battery itself is relatively new, about 6 months old. The only thing I notice that seems to be related to power is that my windshield wipers are very slow at all speeds. What else could be the problem?

Reply to
Bluphish

Belt loose?

Where did you get the alternator? If it was from the local FLAPS, it is possible that the replacement alt is bad right off. The Chinese stuff they sell in those places is not known for quality.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Check all of the grounds. Bad grounds cause a lot of problems.

Striker

Reply to
Striker

FLAPS?? Google doesn't provide any info.

More important question, what's the voltage with the engine running and a good digital voltmeter (Fluke 77 or equivalent).

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

FLAPS - friendly local auto parts store

Reply to