Altima oil leaks

Anyone know what the most common places are for oil to leak on a 1994 Altima? I've got some dampness all the way around the valve cover gasket, but I'm not sure if that would account for the amount of oil missing since my last change around August 1st -- it's down a little less than 1/3 of the way from the top of the hashed area on the stick. Just wondering if there's somewhere else I should look for signs of a leak.

Thanks.

Reply to
JM

Timing covers tend to leak

Oil pressure sending unit

Valve cover gasket

Rear Main seal

Front Crank seal

Reply to
NissTech

It's not uncommon for the front cover seals to leak. Check for oil leaking down the rear side of the seam where the front cover bolts on to the block.

Reply to
Harry Balls

The top cover seal of my 94 Altima has a "wet" look after about 30K and remained unchanged. It now has just over 160K. The engine does not burn or leak oil.

Reply to
Tang Wong

Thanks for all the replies, I know where to start looking now! Mine has about 168k on it now and I've never seen any sign of it burning oil, the plugs are clean, and until the last couple of oil changes, the level never changed on the stick, so I must have a leak somewhere.

Reply to
JM