Altima oxygen sensors replacement

Hi

My 2000 Altima has near 100 000 miles. As recommended, I will change the spark plugs. I never had any problems with this car. The oxygen sensors are the original parts. Many mechanics told me that we have to change them each 60 000 miles. Are they right ? I never saw a light near the odometer that told me to do any maintenance.

Thanks

Marc Legare

Reply to
Marc Legare G4

For the '99 Alty, 60K is recommended for the top one on the front of the engine, 100K for the bottom one below the car. I replaced the top one at 60K but don't plan to ever bother with the bottom one. You can DIY if you have the special socket (~$11). Local parts store had the exact OEM replacement (~$62) for half the dealer part cost (~$120). I did notice a difference for a while afterwards (or was it in my head?).

Reply to
Tim C.

Reply to
E. Meyer