Any Probs with Pathfinders???

Am looking at a few late 90's models. Would like to know people's experiences with them. Good/bad? Problems?

thx

Reply to
jc76

Pretty much bullet-proof. They are thirsty at the pump though.

Reply to
Jim

My 95 Maxima SE (purchased May 94) is still in fine shape after 108,000 miles, so I had no reservations about buying a used 2001 Pathfinder SE with 99,000 miles for half the price of a new one. 2001 was the first year of the 240 hp 3.5L. Even manually adjustable cloth seats fit my 6'2" frame like a glove (same adjustments as power seat in my Max).

When looking to replace an 86 Ford 4x4 pickup, I hadn't even thought of the Pathfinder until flipping through an old 2002 buying guide from a leading consumer magazine, and found it consistently listed as a CR Good Bet and various price classes for reliable used cars, not to mention "outstanding reliability" for the new 2002 at that time. I have only had my 2001 for a month, but am very pleased with it.

Reply to
David Efflandt

I agree with other posters. They're really good vehicles, though they don't get good gas mileage. I see 14.5 city with my '01 QX4, and 19 highway.

Reply to
ppointer

My 96 is a slug and sucks gas..... Struts went out at 50k .... make sure you get the 240hp.

Reply to
Root

The V6 1996 and previous have the "manifold stud problem". Best avoided.

Reply to
Bob

my '98 was a grat vehicle, but had no guts. Vast improvement in my '01

- plenty of pep. Now have 66,000 miles with NO problems at all.

jc76 wrote:

Reply to
philipp

Reply to
Ralph

I absolutely love my '98 XE. It's a 3.3L. No, the pickup is not the best but I save the accelerating moods for my Maxima. The Pathfinder is wonderfully comfortable to drive, gages and buttons are well located and hey, gas mileage isn't bad when you compare to the newer, heavier, thirstier pathfinders. If you work on vehicles this is a real charmer. I can crawl all the way under and still have plenty of space to work and that's without using the jack. Please don't buy a rough riding, rattle your teeth, tin can of an SUV. Four wheel it in style and class. This is a vehicle that commands attention. Make heads turn at stop lights. Forget about the neck breaking pickup. When the light turns green, drive away slowly so everybody can get a really good look.

Reply to
PathfinderHero

My 99.5 PF felt like riding in a cardboard box compared to my 2003 TrailBlazer.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Get back to us in a couple of years when it is falling apart.

Reply to
Rob Munach

My 99.5 PF fell apart @ 39K miles. I would list in detail all the repairs I had to do just to keep it on the road but I don't have an hour to spare this morning.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Of course. Have fun with your trailbalzer! :>

Reply to
Rob Munach

Having great fun with it. Yesterday some moron driving a 3.5L PF down the interstate highway wanted to see what I had. All I had to show him were my tail lights from an ever-growing distance.:-) Driving that old go-kart 1999.5 PF with the 3.0L motor was so embarrassing. It was so slow it couldn't even get out of its own way. Not so for the 2003 TB with 105 more horsepower.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Do I need to post some "Trailblazer fell apart" stories to go along with the Pathfinder stories ?

:-)

Reply to
-Bob-