Armada

I previously owned the 1987 Pathfinder and got 235,000 trouble free miles out of it before I got a Chrysler minivan (for the two kids). The minivans transmission just went out at 69,000 miles (fortunately, Chrysler had a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty on the engine/transmission so it only cost me a $100 deductible).

It's got me to start thinking about getting out of a minivan and back into a SUV. The new Pathfinder seems a little small for four regular passengers, and occassionally a few extra.

Does anyone have any thoughts, experiences or recommendations (good or bad) for the Armada?

Reply to
RJ

I have trouble understanding your observation that the new Pathfinder seems a little small for four regular passengers, and occassionally a few extra. The Pathfinder has grown in size over the years. And it always did carry at least 4 passengers. Now the latest Pathfinders have a third passenger seat row to easily accommodate 6 passengers and still don't require that you find a two-car parking space. Admittedly after 6 passengers, it does start to get a little cramped, but what doesn't?

Of course, if in your mind car size equates with prestige, stop wasting time looking for an excuse and get yourself that glorious Armada, Hummer, Navigator, schoolbus, or cruiseship of your dreams. But remember, you'll be buying the gas no matter what the price runs to in the next few years.

Stever

PS: I keep looking to trade in my '97 Pathfinder SE, only to discover that the new ones don't offer the combination of options that I have and prefer... manual transmission, 4 wheel drive, and semi-luxurious appointments such as all leather interior, Bose audio system, sun roof, heated seats, etc. Oh mama! If it only had a frame!

Reply to
Stephen D. Salmon