auto transmission fluid, when to change

Greetings,

I've been going through the owners manual of my 00 Sentra to determine when to change the auto trans fluid. I can't find the interval listed. What is the proper service interval?

TIA,

Bruce

Reply to
BigBru

I recommend to my customers to get it changed at 30,000 miles.

there are 2 types of transmission services.

  1. drain and fill, when this service is done all the tech does id drain the pan, and all you will get out is a little over 4 quarts. most Nissan transmissions hold around 12 quarts when full.

the other type of service is a full system flush, that service is basically like a fluid transfusion, as the old stuff gets pumped out the new fluid gets sucked in, this is a much more thorough service, all the oil in the transmission gets changed , not just 4 quarts.

Reply to
NissTech