autoTransSafety switch

Hi Lucky Nissan Gurus, I bought a 93 240 SX that just got a recently rebuilt auto trans. When it rains, some "autotrans" thing happens whereby the starter makes no click or sound as I hit the ing. key. Then, the transmission place readjusted some neutral or park safety switch but it still experiences random start performance during the rain or dampness. Could my safety switch or something like a connection be affected by the high humidity? Walking in the rain, charlie

Reply to
Charlie Hassenboehler

rains, some "autotrans" thing >happens whereby the starter makes no click or sound as I hit the ing. key. Then, the transmission place >readjusted some neutral or park safety switch but it still experiences random start performance during the >rain or dampness.

I have the same problem on my 97 auto trans Maxima. The first time it happened I'd just finished washing it, and it mostly occurs when its raining. Its likely either the safety switch or a bad connection somewhere between the ignition switch and starter. I have not fixed the problem yet.

Reply to
dave stone