Bolt size

I have a '85 Nissan pickup. I wonder if anyone can tell me what size the bolts are the hold the exhaust manifold to the block? For some reason 3 are missing and there's a pretty bad exhaust leak. I've tried 8MM X 1.25 X 30, 8MM X 1.25 X 40 and 5/16-18. The 8X1.25 and the 5/16-18 start to thread in but stop after about 2 turns.

Auto Zone didn't have any other sizes that were close.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ron

Reply to
Ron, KC4YOY

are they broken off inside?

Reply to
PinkMonkeyBird

Sure there's not a busted bolt in the hole?

You may need to chase the threads with a bottoming tap.

Pull one of the other bolts and take with you.

And is it indeed a bolt and not a stud?

Your Nissan dealer can come up with the RIGHT part.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet