Brake calipers for 95 4wd, pickup (one or both)

Brake calipers for 95 4wd, pickup (one or both)., do I need to replace both or is just one ok?

Reply to
cathr

You don't describe the problem to why you feel it (they) need replaced. A word of advice on whatever you decide in the end to do, replace the rubber brake hose and 2 brass/copper sealing washers at a minimum on whichever side you replace the caliper one. If you're getting a sticking caliper, you can probably do just the bad one, but if you're doing it because of a leaking caliper just remember the other side is just as old with just as many miles most likely.

When I did the ones on my '95 Pathfinder 4x4 this past summer, I did both calipers, pads, hoses, all 4 sealing washers and both banjo bolts (that hold the hose to the caliper) and both rotors. Oh yeah, genuine Nissan parts BTW... While I was there, repacked the front wheel bearings, put in 2 new grease seals and replace the o-ring on the hubs. Now I know there's no water getting past anything, the greasing is all done and I have the quietest and most solid braking I can. :-)

`Get-R-Done' the right way and right away and you'll be set to go for a LONG time. The way and routes I drive I'll most likely see a good

50,000+ miles out of those pads before it's time to touch them again. Even on 4wd vehicles, with a mix of highway driving and common sense it's very easy to get high mileage out of the regular (non-value line) Nissan pads. That's why I use to roll laughing when I'd see people coming in the shop with only 15,000-20,000 miles on their brakes and the remaining material was SOOOO thin (and their $3,000 aftermarket wheels were pitch BLACK with dust so they never discovered wheel cleaner or a brush either...). I never found a problem with the braking system, only the braking habits... which they never seemed to break no matter how much information we gave them. Oh well, don't listen and go ahead and pay us, that's their right as a customer, to make their own choices. :-)

Wil

Reply to
Truck