Brake light problem

Took a camper top off a 2004 Frontier, can't get cab brake light to work. The one on the rear of the cap worked. Is there a disconnect switch somewhere that cuts out the cab light when a cap is installed or some other way that deactivates this light and activates the one on the cap door?

Reply to
Jim M

You didn't say. I don't have a cap on my PU, but I suppose that the brake light wiring is tapped into the fender brake light wires. Perhaps the Cab brake light was disabled so that it didn't come on inside the cap. Is there a bulb in the cab brake light? If there, Is it good? Did you blow the fuse for the brake light when disconnecting the Cap wires?

Reply to
Willshak

When my camper top was installed they took the bulbs out of my cab brake light to eliminate the load on the brake light fuse. You might just have to replace your bulb at the cab.

Reply to
Larry Colombo