Cambelt or Camchain

Hi

Does anyone know whether a Year 2000 Primera 2.0l Sport has a cambelt or cam-chain? What are the service intervals?

Ade

Reply to
Adrian Marks

It has a cam chain not a belt, as for changing it, I can't seem to find that information in the manual but I expect someone else on the NG will have the answer. As a matter of interest the chain on my 1600 Primera is still the original and has done 108.000+ miles and there's not a rattle to be heard.

Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

My '94 Primera cam chain had 158,000m on it with no rattles. They are rumoured to last 250,000m minimum and no one ever bothers to change them. Very early ones (90-93) had problems sometimes with the tensioner but that's easy to change.

Reply to
SteveB