can i replace the oxygen sensor on the I30?

Guys,

Can I replace the oxygen sensor on the I 30 myself or do I have to go & see a dealer? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Reply to
WEB GUY

I suspect you have 3 oxygen sensors, do you know which one you want to replace?

They tend to rust in a bit. It's do-able if you can get to it, I would not mess with it myself.

Side note, A friend had AutoZone read the code, and they said oxygen sensor. It took a catalytic converter to fix the problem. (O2 sensor was a waste of money in this case)

Reply to
Gary

WEB GUY You can replace it easily using a special socket purchased at the parts store. Sparky

wrote:

Reply to
Steve Parker