changing from am to fm on 98 pathfinder

I've got a different radio than the one in the manual and dang if I can figure out how to get it to change to FM. There is no fm/am switch and I have tried every other button on the radio. It must be that you push down two buttons at a time or some such thing. Any ideas?

Reply to
tom

Is there a "band" button? Is it a Nissan radio or aftermarket?

Reply to
JimV

No band button and it is a Nissan radio. There does appear to be something that may have been broken off on the radio maybe that was the band button. Is there a way to determine the model number from the front of the unit?

Reply to
tom

yeah is it made my nissan?

mine has a bose radio, i dunno with all the pathinder came with it

does it look after market?

Reply to
AirborneDSM

One trick to ID the radio is go to ebay and look at the factory radios for sale for a pathfinder/Nissan and see if one matches. then you can tell folks your mystery radio looks like the one in 'xxx' auction. Plus with luck it'll show you what broke off.

Reply to
gary

Bingo! That was a great hint and indeed it is the AM/FM button that is broken. I'll try messing with it to see if I can get it to change to FM. The radio is only going to be in the vehicle for a couple of weeks before I move my mp3 player from my old car into the new one. Thanks everyone.

Reply to
tom