Clutch hydraulic system STILL A PROBLEM

Replaced the master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder flushed the old fluid and bled the system.Within a week the fluid had turned dark grey again.The only thing not replaced was the pulse box? between the MC and CSC.Does anyone know what this thinbg does?does it have seals in it that could be breaking down?anyone have a part # or price for it? Could I remove it and just add a junction piece of brake line?

Thanks,Ripper We Need DEATH SQUADS in the USA to Get Rid of Terrorists AND Street Gangs! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBXXX

And the problem is?

Reply to
Steve T

Besides the color of the fluid is everything else working? If so I'd suggest just leaving it alone.

Reply to
tomcas

The "clutch connector" block with a loop of pipe is a damper valve. It allows fluid to go to the clutch slave cylinder directly when the clutch is depressed, it controls the return flow though the loop when the clutch is released quickly. This is to give a smooth take up of power on gear changes no matter how crass the drivers use of the clutch pedal. It protects the clutch facing, springs in the clutch center, clutch splines and gearbox. (It's not slow enough to pull off on)

Did you bleed the connector block? Correct order is, master cylinder (if it has a bleed valve), connector block, slave cylinder. The fluid in the loop is only purged on the return of fluid which does not occur during bleeding of the slave or master cylinder, so old fluid is trapped in it unless bleeding is done in the correct order.

Peter Hill

Pete,replaced the CSC first and bled the block then CSC.Then replaced the MC,several weeks later, and put a quart of Brake fluid through the whole system with a mighty vac but also bled the CSC at the very end the old fashioned way by having someone depress the pedal and opening and closing the bleeder. To the guys who think I should leave it alone because it's working right,NO.The fluid should NOT be dark grey 1 week after fully bleeding the system with brand new components.There is va problem.

Thanks,Ripper We Need DEATH SQUADS in the USA to Get Rid of Terrorists AND Street Gangs! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBXXX

Given that it works fine, you're -making- a problem where none exists. Life's too short to go around looking for problems! ;-)

Reply to
Steve T

Guess you don't understand hydraulics and Closed systems,THERE IS A PROBLEM if there is CONTAMINATION in the fluid within a week.I don't feel like buying ANOTHER CSC AND MC because of it.

Thanks,Ripper We Need DEATH SQUADS in the USA to Get Rid of Terrorists AND Street Gangs! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBXXX

Did you run the master cylinder dry and clean the mess out of the bottom of it?

The damper valve and loop only purge on reverse flow. So either push the slave cylinder all the way back every time you pump the pedal or take the connector block off and the loop off the connector block. Then blow both though - use a rag to catch the fluid and be careful where it goes.

Peter Hill

Now I have a real problem,called the dealer and they don't show the whole damper for sale.They show 7 pieces in the damper but only 4 show up for sale from Nissan?

Thanks,Ripper We Need DEATH SQUADS in the USA to Get Rid of Terrorists AND Street Gangs! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBXXX

Ask them if they have -ever- sold any of these or if they are even any in the country! :-)

Reply to
Steve T

LOL.

Peter Hill

Steve,do you EVER have anything worth while to add or do you just spout off to see yourself in print?What an ass!

Thanks,Ripper We Need DEATH SQUADS in the USA to Get Rid of Terrorists AND Street Gangs! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBXXX

Steve was trying to tell you that there is NOTHING wrong with the damper valve.

Dirty fluid is dirty fluid not a component fault.

Peter Hill

Pete,from the way you describe the damper it explains the problem I have with the clutch being totally depressed and the clutch creeping at times,.Plus,one week should not produce the drek I find in the Master cylinder.It has NEVER happened to any other Nissan's I've owned,starting in 1973 with a 510.All of them lost slave cylinders at 100,000 miles this one at 50,000 mile intervals and the MC which never went on any of the others.If the damper was that perfect they wouldn't need to stock internals for it.I wonder if I can just remove it and run direct off the MC?

Thanks,Ripper We Need DEATH SQUADS in the USA to Get Rid of Terrorists AND Street Gangs! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBXXX

No it wouldn't. The system is SEALED once the master cylinder is past the inlet hole in it's bore, the damper isn't going to do that and in 20 years of working on nissans full time I've never seen one fail or cause any problems. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Where did you get the master cylinder? Now that could be a problem, I've seen aftermarket MC's crap out in a week...

Which is why I asked, I'm betting they've never sold the first one nor would they stock these parts!

Reply to
Steve T