Clutch Repair

Hi, i have nissan sentra 1998 manual 5 spd. yesteraday when i was going at the interstate it just came to standstill. The problem was clutch. even after full release and at low gear it was not transmitting power. I have to get it towed away. I think it is a clutch repair. Can anybody give me the estimate how much repair cost i am looking here? I shall be highly obliged. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Girish

Depends on where you live and what was destroyed by driving it till it wouldn't move. Somewhere between $400-800?

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
Girish

Correct.

A lot depends on the quality of the parts used. Also depends on the quality of the labor, where you live (labor rates vary) and if the flywheel has been damaged or not.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
Girish

It's the part the clutch bolts to that is normally not replaced when doing a clutch job. There are 2 mating surfaces (pressure plate and flywheel) with the friction material (clutch disk) between these 2 surfaces. When the clutch disk is worn out, the clutch slips and damages these mating surfaces. Usually the flywheel can be reused since it is a much heavier piece of metal than the pressure plate or can be machined if it isn't damaged too badly.

Yes and it probably is since it was driven till it wouldn't move anymore.

Reply to
Steve T