Cruise Control Problem

I have a 2003 Xterra and when using the cruise control for anything above, around, 75mph, the car learches quiet badly. It's as though the cruise control is having a hard time maintaining constant speed at or above the

75mph limit. Below that, cruise control is very smooth. The dealer said, after test driving, "this is normal." I simply don't buy that. I've never driven a car with such sloopy controal. Anyone have any ideas regarding this. Is it typical of Xterras and/or Nissans? Or is this an atypical problem the dealer really should fix?

Thanks,

jim

Reply to
Angst

factory cruise??

Still under warranty???

need i tell ya to head to nissans dealer's central office?? no, its NOT normal

Reply to
I'm Right

You might take a quick look at the vacuum hose that runs to the cruise unit.. if you have one. My Altima wouldn't maintain a constant speed on cruise when I got it, and it turned out that the rubber hose had cracked at one end and wasn't holding vacuum like it should.

Reply to
JM

Is it still under warranty? The dealer is not capable or cooperative to fix it. I am shopping for a new car, is the Xterra good in quality/reliability?

Reply to
dbmethods

Reply to
Warren Weber

Yes on both accounts

Reply to
Angst

Thanks, I'll take a look...

Reply to
Angst

Yeah, the car is under warranty--it's got 40K on it and the warranty is

100k.

I love my Xterra. Gas milage sucks (15 - 18, max). But it drives and handles well. And it off roads well too...have taken it some pretty hairy, tought places.

Reply to
Angst

I'll bet the dealer did not test it above 75 MPH unless you went with him.

Reply to
E. Meyer

I bet yr right. I called Nissan's customer support and they said that they won't test above legal speed limit.

so it goes

Reply to
Angst