Desperatly need a new shop in SLC, Utah

Went to last week. Found out that the front axle seal and end links needed to be replaced on my pathfinder. They said they would order the part. 2 days later I call and see if the part is in. Yes (why didn't they call). Anyway I make an apointment for the today.

Took it in at 7am to get the ball rolling so that it would be ready at 5pm when I needed to go.

11am I call to see what the progress is. They say they have come back with more work that should be done... I say lets just get this done first.

1pm they call me and tell me they have order the wrong part and will need to wait another week to get this done.

Tim Dahle of Murry or Salt Lake City.

gezz

Anyone else have a better shop to go to in Utah? I would understand if he had made the part mistake but to take 5 hours to determine that? Gezz

TIA

Reply to
Root

Go to Ken Garff in downtown SLC.

Reply to
John Doe

The only problem is they charge before any service is done... Doesn't seem right to me.

Any good 3rd party shops out there?

Reply to
Root

What's wrong with paying someone to diagnose your problems? Don't you want to know what's wrong with your vehicle? Dealer techs are paid flat rate, do they not deserve to make a living? Why should they put in the time to go through your vehicle if you aren't willing to pay for their time?

If you're looking for a freebie, try Autozone. If you want your car looked at by a professional who knows your Nissan, go to the dealer.

Reply to
John Doe

Sounds like you work for them? Plus they didn't want money to look at the car I already know what the problem is.... even though it would have taken two seconds to look at the seal leak and say yup. They wanted the whole payment up front? What if you pay them, they don't fix the problem and woops your out 800 bucks. I don't think so.

Reply to
Root

Apparently you don't know how things work. I suggest you stay away from dealers and go to the corner gas station shop for your repairs. Then when they can't fix your car, they can sublet it to the dealer and the dealer won't have to deal with you.

Reply to
John Doe