Did I blow a fuse or what?

I have a 95 nissan altima. While changing the spark plugs, my ratchet slipped onto the hot wire on the alternator. It only touched for a second and there were a few sparks. Now there are only a few electrical things working. The car starts and runs fine. The headlights work but not the parking, turn, or brake lights. The interior lights don't work, nor do any lights on the dash (including the charge, engine, oil, seatbelt lights that usually come on when starting). The speedometer and tachometer don't work. The windows don't work. The horn doesn't work. The radio works as do the lights for the ventilation system although the fan doesn't work! Did I blow one fuse or many? I checked the fuse for the horns and lights but they are not blown? Is there a master fuse for all these things? I thought maybe it could be the ignition switch but then why wouldn't the parking lights work or the interior lights? Thanks for any help

Reply to
John Kyle

There's usually a fusible link in the positive battery lead, there may even be two with a split lead and one has blown.

Reply to
Steve B

have you checked the fusible links?

btw, does the hot post on the alternator not have a protective rubber grommet on it?

Reply to
okr