disable check engine light altima

Hi. I had check engine light on in my 1995 Altima's dashboard for about two years. Does anyone know how I can permanently disable it? Is it hard? Can you post it on the newsgroup? Thanks alot in advance.

Only if you take the dash apart and pull the bulb. Might be easier to dump the code and fix it.

Reply to
JimV

I'd suggest a visit to dealer. Jersey will automatically reject car at inspection time if this light is on.

Reply to
Dannie

Just as a heads up, I had the check engine light one in my car and tried toi take it through emissions AFTER i disabled the light (pulled out the bulb, and disconnected the battery {works temp}) they told me it failed because the check engine light is on, they plug a tester into your car and test it somehow, there is no way the guy would have known otherwise. I had to get the problem fixed, even if u disable the light, they can tell the check engine ligh is on from the ec unit. I live in AZ, maybe it is different where u live, but maybe not

Reply to
Didactic