does any part act like a Circuit Breaker on 94 Nissan Sentra?

Does any part act like a circuit breaker on 94 Nissan Sentra?

SYMPTOMS: Car was running fine until it broke while waiting for me in the shopping center parking lot.

When the car has any electrical load, all electrical systems go offline -- not unlike the tripping of a circuit breaker. Can disconnect the (-) cable from battery and reconnect, and the car can keep minimal electrical items online.

For example, the dome light is ON, ok, but if I turn ON the headlights, all electric items go OFF. Then I power-cycle the (-) battery, and the dome light works, the radio works, but if I beep the horn, it all goes OFF again.

So when the electrical load reaches a certain threshold, the electrical system shuts OFF.

Reply to
Go Nissan

Not really.

Can you crank the vehicle?

It sounds as if you had a defective battery or messed up battery terminals.

With a lil more > Does any part act like a circuit breaker on 94 Nissan Sentra?

Reply to
AS

Battery stuffed.

Reply to