DVD Player in 2004 Quest

We have bought a 2004 Quest minivan. It is an SE and is loaded except for the DVD player. Our Salesman told us that it could be added at any time. Well I contacted the parts department today, and no DVD kit is avaliable at this time. If the van did not come with it you can't get it. We have the SE with the center console down the middle of the roof in the back between the two skylights. According to the local audio shops, nothing is avaliable after market for this van either, execpt for the headrest set-up which my wife does not want. I tried calling some of the other larger dealerships in our area and was told again no kit, and if we added an after market kit it would void our warrenty. Between this and the run around we got about installing XM radio, this van is begining to be a pain in the ass. By the way I did get the XM kit for our van and installed it no problem even after our dealer told us it was not possible. The module pluged right up and the kit was easy to install. Our pre-wired sticker was in the passenger door jam. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about a DVD kit for the Quest let me know.

Reply to
Quest04

Not unusual. Sometimes they get positively huffy when you ask to add factory accessories early in a model year.

With new models you tend to wait for aftermarket stuff.

Only the warranty on the wiring you work with, and only if you actually do something wrong.

This is pretty standard stuff. I don't think there's much to be upset about. If your complaint is about the Salesman... well, now you know that you shouldn't believe anything a Salesman tells you.

I'd guess the wiring is there for that two, although you never know. It might be worthwhile to get a factory manual and find out where the connectors are supposed to be. Nissan manuals are pretty good at diagraming this stuff.

Reply to
Bob

What's wrong with just telling the kids to read in the car? If they're bored enough they'll do it!

Reply to
Rich

We bought the van from Far east nissan and then we contacted the nissan dealer in Concord.

Reply to
Quest04

Your salesman lied, or he is an idiot.

That is true, your only option is aftermarket.

Standard feature on the Quest 3.5 SE

Maybe they don't have kits, but I currently have 2 venders in Indianaopolis who add custom DVD solutions in the Quests 3.5 SE. They are Audio Electronics and American Customs.

And they don't void your warranty.

Not true, as you found out. Even the brochure points out that the vehicle is pre-wired.

I don't know where you are, but if you are close to Indianapolis, IN, I could hook you up with their phone numbers

Reply to
Aaron Ciesar

Or both :-)

Reply to
Bob

Thanks for your information. I'm in NC but if I could still get their numbers it would be a big help. Maybe I could get some information from them.

Reply to
Quest04

American Customs, 1-866-575-0704

Zeibart, 1-317-577-9192

Reply to
Aaron Ciesar

I found the video screens for the 2004 Nissan Quest/Armada/Titan here. They fit in the factory location with no modification required.

Quest04

I found another web site for 2004 Nissan Quest video screens with a price.

Reply to
sdr

Is the 2004 Nissan Quest SE pre-wired for the video screens and DVD player under the seat?

sdr

I don't know if it is pre-wired or not. I'm about 2 weeks away from starting this project on our Quest. I don't think it really matters because I doubt the factory wiring would have standard plug connections and I have not seen any adaptors available.

Reply to
Quest04