ECU code 0510???

Hello,

`99 Max SE. Just under 102k miles, and the Service Engine Soon light came on for the first time.

I got the code from the procedure, and double-, triple- and quadruple-checked it and it's 0510. I cannot find a description of this code anywhwhere, and the ECU decoder at

"Undefined".

Anybody ever heard of this one? Is it possible it glitched?

TIA,

Daryl

Reply to
Daryl Krzewinski

Rear 02 sensor

Reply to
Jim

On both a '96 I30 and on an '02 pathfinder it means "Closed Throttle Position sensor". Its probably a good bet it means that on your '99 as well.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Are you certain? Is this form the Max service manual?

The gent replying after you think it's "Closed Throttle Position sensor".

Thanks!

Reply to
Daryl Krzewinski

Nope, it was from memory and incorrect. I looked it up in the svc manual and he's right. I can send you the section if you email me privately.

-jim

Reply to
Jim